-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Disable RDBMS-based Transactions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:02 am 

Hibernate version: 3.0

Name and version of the database you are using: DB2/400 V5R3

I want to know if it is possible to use Transactions from Hibernate, but not using the transactions of my DBMS.

The reason is, that my database is using no transactions and I must not change it at all. So I get nice error-messages remembering me that the journaling is not activated.

Yours

Christian

Post subject: More Precise: Work with Hibernate without Transactions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:38 am 

I think I have to specify my problem a little bit more:

My DBMS is a DB2 running on an AS400. The Files/Tables - how ever you'd like to call them - are also used by a lot of old RPG-programs running also on this AS400.

My problem is now, that these tables do not have activated journaling for transaction-management. (Apart from two tables I do not need at all) So I think it is obvious, that I could not simply activate transaction-management on this tables, because I don't know/think/can guarantee, that all these old programs will still run.

When I try to use these tables with Hibernate, I did it like mentioned in the examples with a transaction arround and a commit/rollback at the end. The error is mentioning, that my files are not in the same journal.

My (more precise) question is now:

Is there a way to use Hibernate without transactions or (better) is there a way to use Hibernate with transactions, but without Hibernate using the transaction mechanism of the DBMS?

I tried without starting a Transaction doing Queries on the database, but the result/error was the same.

Yours

Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:58 am 
Expert
Expert

i'm also working with a as400/db2 as "database" ;) and the files/tables are also accesed by RPG-Programs and we haven't got any problems with activated journaling for those tables ...

I'm not allowed to change anything, too, but activating the journaling was no problem ...

So give it a try on a test-schema :)

gtx
curio

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]