-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question about saveOrUpdate and assigned id's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:16 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Can I use the saveOrUpdate method when my id generator is "assigned"? I would have to set the id property of the entity I want to persist, so how would Hibernate know to save or update based on the unsaved-value? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:59 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I guess it can only work if you have a version field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:17 am 
Expert
Expert

you can also use an Interceptor ... (then you can do what ever you need to help hibernate to find out if an insert or update is required) ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:31 am 
Regular
Regular

In the mapping, can you not set the 'unsaved-value' property of the id to 'undefined'? This should force hibernate to check the database to see if the object has been persisted previously or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:14 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks all. I'll try setting unsaved-value to undefined and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:53 am 
In cases like this,
use <version> or <timestamp> properties in the mapping file. It works, we have been working with the same thing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]