-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Query with partial child data fetching
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:53 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I am executing an HQL query like this:

Code:
select c, ct.title, r
from Course c, Request r, CourseTypeVersion ctv, CourseType ct
where c.courseStart >= ? and c.courseStart < ? and c.id.request = r
  and r.courseTypeVersion = ctv and ctv.courseType = ct
order by c.courseStart, ct.title

This returns a list of Object[] instances and works well with a single SQL statement. The Request object has a one-to-many field which I want to be populated, too. It also has a few other one-to-many fields which I don't need at this time.

What is the best way to load this single one-to-many field in the same query or just one more query?

Currently I am collecting the Request.Ids, and then execute another query on the child data with a Restrictions.in clause and then manually distribute the child data to the various Request objects. Can Hibernate assist me with this? I tried to add a "left join fetch" clause but did not get the syntax right - and I have not found a syntax diagram for HQL.

And additionally, the child data mentioned actually is a m:n table. This means the Request is only one part of its Id. What can I do to load the other referenced entity (in m:n the "n" part) in one go for all the loaded objects?

Hibernate version: 3.05
Name and version of the database you are using: Oracle v8-10

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]