-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: DB-independent exception handling?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:00 am 

Hello Guys.

I'm prototiping a new app, and I'm kind of stuck with this.

I've seen that, when you get an exception while doing an operation with Hibernate, you can catch things like "ConstraintViolationException" , that abstracts the error condition for different engines.

The problem I'm having, is that all of these return the same exception:
1. Duplicated PK/UK
2. FK violation
3. Check constraint exception

How am I supposed to know what kind of error triggered the ConstraintViolationException? I know I have the error message inside the exception, but that's db-specific. I know I can get the name of the exception violated, but how can I know what does that name relates to (specially since I'm using HBM2DDL to generate the schema) ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:49 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

The Spring project provides decent way to handle this. Check out http://docjar.com/docs/api/org/springfr ... ctory.html

(I believe there's another project that deals with this same problem but the name slips my mind)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]