-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Can I config the size of First Level(Session Scope) Cache?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:35 am 

I am using Java 1.4/1.5 with hibernate 2.1.8. And I wanted to some scheduled batch task.

But I found that the performance drops very fast as the content in session cache keep growing. I have to flush()&clear() the session every 1000 loop.
(There will be over 50k records will be processed each batch)

Cache supposed to raise overall performance, but it not. I want to use the cache, but use it smart. I want to keep my FLUSHMODE. I take a few look at source, and found Session likely using simple HashMap for session cache (correct me if not).

Can I limit the size of the Map? Or using something like WeakHashMap/LRUHashMap?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]