-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Batch insert not batching
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:22 am 
Senior
Senior

Versions:
Hibernate 3.0.5, jTDS 1.0.3, c3p0 0.9.0-pre6

Mapping documents:
<property name="hibernate.jdbc.batch_size">10</property>
<property name="hibernate.jdbc.batch_versioned_data">true</property>

Name and version of the database you are using:
SQL Server 2000 SP3

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:
DEBUG - about to open PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 0, globally: 0)
Hibernate: insert into ITEM (...) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
DEBUG - preparing statement
DEBUG - about to close PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 1, globally: 1)
DEBUG - closing statement
DEBUG - about to open PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 0, globally: 0)
Hibernate: insert into ITEM_TEST (TEST_ID, TEST_REQUIRED_FLAG, TEST_STATE_ID, ITEM_ID) values (?, ?, ?, ?)
DEBUG - about to close PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 1, globally: 1)
Hibernate: insert into ITEM_TEST (TEST_ID, TEST_REQUIRED_FLAG, TEST_STATE_ID, ITEM_ID) values (?, ?, ?, ?)

As you can see, my batch inserts are not batching. I've been through the Hibernate, jTDS and c3p0 docs and I can't see anything that would prevent this from working. The parent entity (ITEM) is versioned, but as you can see, batch versioned updates are enabled, and it's not the one that should be batched anyway. The association (to ITEM_TEST, the child entity) is mapped using @OneToMany(..., cascade=CascadeType.ALL). There is actually more than one such association leading away from ITEM; this is just one of them. I tried disabling cascades on all but one but it didn't help.

Can inserts resulting from cascades be batched? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:30 pm 
Senior
Senior

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... owse/HHH-1

Not possible I guess.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]