-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Application Double to Database Integer mapping
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:49 am 

I have an application where the core calculation engine can handle only double data type(for Numeric) and the entity mode is "dynamic-map". The application uses a shared database which has to be auto created by hibernate schema creation tool. The requirement is as follows:

1.The calculation engine will set only double value(#.0) to the property
2.The database column will have to a SQL integer type

If the mapping xml has the property type as integer, like <property name="Ce25258150b055429d95ae3eeeb3f9cc81" type="java.lang.Integer" column="Number1"/> hibernate throws a class cast exception when the property value is set with a double value. What is the best approach to handle this ?

1. I can handle this in the setter(set integer from double returned by application) and getter(return double to application) of the DAO.
2. Use a Hibernate UserType

Please let me know if anyone has any pointers.

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]