-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Standard Hibernate download - JUnit tests fail
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:10 am 

Hibernate version: 2.1.8
Name and version of the database you are using: revision 2 of HSQLDB 1.7.3 (Downloaded 6th April 2005)
Ant Version : 1.6.2
Junit : 3.8.1

My junit jar is in my Ant/lib directory. The HSQLDB jar is in the hibernate2.1/lib directory.

Running the JUnit tests on an unchanged Hibernate install has failures. Obviously, for any changes I make to Hibernate for my own purposes or for a bug report, I'd want to make sure that the JUnit tests still run, but I'm worried I can't get all passes for the standard download before making any changes.

Obviously I can look at the detail of these errors myself and try to see what's going wrong, but I'm interested whether anyone else has the same problem, or if it's just me. If it's just me I'll look at my setup, but if its others too then I could assume there's a problem in the Junit tests.

Any feedback most appreciated.

I am running the tests by executing
Code:
ant junitreport

The specific failures are as follows :

Test Class : FooBarTest Test : testCollectionVersioning Status : Failure
N/A
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError at org.hibernate.test.FooBarTest.testCollectionVersioning(FooBarTest.java:86) ...

Test Class : FooBarTest Test : testNamedParams Status : Failure
N/A
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError at org.hibernate.test.FooBarTest.testNamedParams(FooBarTest.java:1673) ...

Test Class : MultiTableTest Test : Error Status : Error
Could not execute query
net.sf.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute query at net.sf.hibernate.exception.ErrorCodeConverter.convert(ErrorCodeConverter.java:69) at net.sf.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:29) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.convert(SessionImpl.java:4131) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1557) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1531) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1523) at org.hibernate.test.MultiTableTest.testJoinOpenBug(MultiTableTest.java:64) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at org.hibernate.test.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:107)Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Column not found: LOWER1__1_.TOP in statement [select lower0_.id__ as id1_, lower0_.intprop as intprop2_, lower0_.other1 as other12_, lower0_.other3 as other32_, lower0_.foo as foo2_, lower0__1_.count_ as count_0_, lower0__1_.name as name0_, lower0__1_.address as address0_, lower0__1_.date_ as date_0_, lower0__1_.top as top0_ from leafsubclass lower0_ inner join rootclass lower0__1_ on lower0_.id__=lower0__1_.id1_, leafsubclass lower1_, rootclass top2_ where lower0__1_.id1_ is not null and top2_.id1_ is not null and ((lower(top2_.name)>'a' and lower0_.other3=lower1_.id__ and lower1__1_.top=top2_.id1_))] at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcUtil.throwError(Unknown Source) at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.getPreparedStatement(BatcherImpl.java:263) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.getPreparedStatement(BatcherImpl.java:236) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.prepareQueryStatement(BatcherImpl.java:67) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.prepareQueryStatement(Loader.java:784) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:269) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:138) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:1063) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:1054) at net.sf.hibernate.hql.QueryTranslator.list(QueryTranslator.java:854) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1554) ... 18 more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:25 am 

Further to this, I've downloaded the 3.0 release, run the JUnit report in the same way and out of the 588 tests I get 21 Failures and 3 Errors.

Does anyone else have this problem with the JUnit tests?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]