-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: newsgroups...again!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:03 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi forum!

I am a new hibernate user, and still trying to get up to speed with this neat technology, which i find very interesting.

One thing that i find restricting is the user forums.
I have read some previous posts about people asking for newsgroups, and being turned down. I like to try one more time.

For some people, forums are better and easier to read and follow up. I understand. But to some other people (like myself) newsgroups are the better choice. I find newsgroups easier to read, easier to follow up and just simply more convenient. Isn't it all about choice afterall? I am pretty sure there are a lot of people who agree with me (probably just as many as the people who disagree).

I strongly beleive that the hibernate team should give the choice to the users to choose whatever they want. Why not keep these forums, but provide a separate newsgroup too, So people who like forums can keep using them, and people who like newsgroups can start using them?

I hope one day in the near future the hibernate team will provide their users with this choice.

I would even suggest a poll to see how many people prefer each.

regards.
H.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:05 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This has been discussed numerous times already, and everytime we decided against offering newsgroups. This has a lot of reasons, the added effort necessary is one of it. Please, get over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:19 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

We are in a dynamic world where things change with time.
I hope that one day when there is enough demand, and enough resources, there will be a different decision.

For the time being, i will "get over it"!

Cheers
H.S.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]