-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can hibernate support accessing multiple databases?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:57 am 

Thanks in adavance

Post subject: Re: Can hibernate support accessing multiple databases?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:22 pm 

I have posted the same question, but didn't get any response!.

Did you figureout how to do this?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:25 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

We tend to not answer questions which are explicitly answered in documentation and/or FAQs (meaning this one falls into that category).

Not to mention it has been discussed many times on this forum also.

Please attempt some form of due diligence to answering questions for yourself prior to posting questions here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:48 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

steve wrote:
We tend to not answer questions which are explicitly answered in documentation and/or FAQs (meaning this one falls into that category).

Perhaps a standard "RTFM" type response would be better than ignoring the question.

I understand support is free...as is the code...and that RTFM is appropriate many times...I'm just suggesting that ignoring a question doesn't communicate that "I'm ignoring you because you didn't read the manual".

Lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:51 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

While I'd like to agree with you in total completeness, I'm not sure about you but my days typically just do not afford me the opportunity to type RTFM 50 times a day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:52 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Well, if we answer with RTFM, then people complain about us answering with RTFM :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:58 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

michael wrote:
Well, if we answer with RTFM, then people complain about us answering with RTFM :)

I understand that "people will complain". Short of writing people's code for them -- people will complain.

And I understand that RTFM takes time to type....still....I'd reccommend having a standard RTFM template that you could copy and paste as a reply when you've actually taken the time to read a post only to deem it not worthy of a reply.

This post is not a complaint....I respect and understand the volunteer nature of this product. I'm speaking only as someone who's had posts ignored and didn't realized that "it was in the manual".

I have and do read the manual....and yet there are still times the answer was there all along :)

Anyway....just expressing a pov...not complaining or demanding anything :)

Lee

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]