-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: jboss MapResources set via api
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:12 am 

Hi,

is there any chance to set the mapResource via API similar i can do that when i run hibernate stand alone i dont wish to list some hundred classes in the jboss-service.xml?

Something like:
fConfig = new Configuration();
fConfig.addClass(AdditionalDay.class);

Thanks for any hints.
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:49 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You can only do this if you don't use the MBean at all. You can still initialize Hibernate the "normal way" when using JBoss. I am however currently working on a new JBoss deployer architecture which will enable you to have the mappings picked up automatically without listing them explicitly. I hope to make that work publically acessible ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:54 pm 
Senior
Senior

Hi

@Michael sounds interresting
Properally you may use XDoclet for generating the jboss-service.xml.
I'm not quit sure but I read about the possiblity to do so.

regards

Olaf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:08 am 

michael wrote:
You can only do this if you don't use the MBean at all. You can still initialize Hibernate the "normal way" when using JBoss. I am however currently working on a new JBoss deployer architecture which will enable you to have the mappings picked up automatically without listing them explicitly. I hope to make that work publically acessible ASAP.

*bump*

I've been looking for this very information on the Hibernate site for the past hour and I've found nothing. Possibly I've overlooked something... still -- Michael, would it be possible to post an update on the status of automatic mapping in an MBean-configured SessionFactory? Would it even be possible for me -- still running under JBoss 3.2.3 -- to take advantage of such a feature? How about JBoss 3.2.6 (to which we are in the process of upgrading?) Hibernate version is 2.1.6, if this is relevant, and could (and probably will) be upgraded to 2.1.8 -- but not to 3.x yet!

Thanks,

Dani

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]