-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: c3p0 pool with Oracle error?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:43 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

This is the first time I tried to use connection pooling connecting to an Oracle 9.2i db in a standalone app.

For some reason,it throws the following exception while inserting data while at the same time the operation successful for a sybase server.

Here is the configuration:
1) Main insert to Sybase -- fine
2) A replication listener call replicate to Oracle 9.2i -- failed.
3) Hibernate is 3.0, JDk 1.4.2 on Win XP
4) Connection pooling is c3p0 0.8.5.2, and here is the setting

hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5
hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20
hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800
hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=50

Without connection pooling insert was fine. The twist is that c3p0 distribution doesn't contain NewProxyPreparedStatement.java file which prevent me from debugging or giving more info.

Has anybody had this problem before? How do you solved it? Or should I just use different connection pool provider?

Thanks.
[code]12:54:42,818 ERROR AbstractBatcher:60 - Exception executing batch:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setupBindBuffers(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2545)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeBatch(OraclePreparedStatement.java:8673)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeBatch(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:1722)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:57)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:172)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:226)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:136)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:274)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:678)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:309)
at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:86)
[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:25 pm 

By any chance was there a SQLException just previous to this one? I just ran into a similar problem (same stacktrace as yours) and it turned out to be a bug in the Oracle JDBC driver which is fixed now in the 10.2.0.1.0 release. See also my posting here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:40 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Don't remember now. I think I switched cache provider then I am okay, so it doesn't seem to be Oracle problem

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]