-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Changing mapped table at run time
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:49 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version: 2.1.7

My application hooks up to a legacy database on an AS/400. This database has "Logical files". Logical files are really indexes over the actual table. Becauase of the way SQL works on the AS/400, I have to specifically point my mapping to the logical (index) I want to use.

Here is my question, how do I change the mapping for the table AFTER the Session Factory has already been built? Is that possible? I really do not want to have to rebuild it everytime I need to use a different index.

OR, is there a better way of doing this? Can I have multiple hbm files pointing to the same Java classes for that table?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:39 pm 
Regular
Regular

I think you can programmatically alter the class mappings by using the SessionFactory.getClassMetadata() method. I've sen postings by Gavin King to this effect in the forums. I know it is possible to alter the metadata, though I've never done it myself. Give that a try and post your results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:42 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No you can't alter the table name after building the SessionFactory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:26 pm 
Regular
Regular

So, you can change some aspects of the mapping, but not the table name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:44 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No, you can't change anything :) getClassMetadata is all readonly information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:14 pm 
Regular
Regular

I remember seeing some posts a while back about changing the characteristics of some part of the mapping... perhaps I was smoking weed at the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:07 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

you can create a configuration, change it, build a session factory and thats it.

If you want something changed its needed to be done on the configuration and you need to build a new sessionfactory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:06 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for all the replies, however, I did find an other way. I am working with a lagacy app that runs on an iSeries (AS/400). With V5R2 operating system, they have re-written the "Query Optimizer" This optimizer is what will choose the proper index to use for a specific query. However, there was one peice missing. The "Statistics" for the tables. I had to make some changes in order for the statistics to be captured. The doc said that this was automatic with V5R2. It is, once you turn it on.

Thank Again!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]