-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Not initializing one-to-one associations with Criteria query
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:33 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have the following situation:

Code:
Bank.address (n:1)
             (1:1) Address.bank
                   Address.country (n:1)
                                   (1:1) Country.address

My query looks like this:
Code:
Criteria c = session.createCriteria(Bank.class);
c.setFetchMode("address.country", FetchMode.EAGER);
c.list();

The problem is that the Address-Object has two additional 1:1 associations which must be loaded by Hibernate in order to initialize an instance of Address. That's pretty stupid for a query, resulting in (n*2)+1 queries.

Is there any way how I can achieve the same result *without* the number of 'post-processing'-queries ?

I just want the Bank, the Address and the Country. Everything else can be null without any problem.

I tried to add additional path elements to setFetchMode, but it seems that they were ignored (strangely I can type whatever I want in the path, no errors, it's just ignored).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:09 am 
Beginner
Beginner

My solution was that I switched from the Criteria-API to HQL queries.

Everything works fine.

My 2 cents: although it might look nice at the beginnning avoid the Criteria-API and use HQL-queries.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]