-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: "outerjoinable" version? (community support reques
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:25 am 
Expert
Expert

Hibernate version: cvs-snapshot

hi,

and again i have a strange question :) knowing that this is absolutly not a 'normal' issue ... but it could safe me a lot of problems working with hiberante because the legacy-db i'm using has some funny characteristics :)

History:
- changing anything at existing tables is not allowed
- using versioning is only possible in an extra table ... (that means that i (have to doublicate the amount of tables)
- there're more than 10 mio entries in the db without knowing something like a version-column

The big Problem is, that i must insert a version-entry for each db-entry ... that's a lot ...

A possibility for me could be, loading data without version-information ... detecting missing versions and writing one by seperate insert-statement and update my entity-object. Now, i can use versioning ...

That's my idea ... but i cannot do this with hibernate ... or?

Is there a possibility to use versioning without the necessity that the version-information is allready in db? Currently i only figured out to extend a Version-Class ... but that won't work with entries where no version-column is available ...

A little support would be great ;)

thx!
curio

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]