-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Design Change for Jboss Deployer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:53 pm 

I am using Jboss 4.0 and have deployed my first .har file with success. It works great! But now as I am going to expand it to use more modules it is a problem.

Firstly our entire application (there is almost no web app part of it, it is mostly a rich client interface) has no one big ear file. Each module in our application has an ejb and a bean jar that goes in a deploy directory. The problem is trying to package all of the hibernate mapping filles accross multiple modules is going to be a real pain. Now I could create a separate .har for each module, but then I need a different JNDI name and mbean name. I think this is going to get confusing across modules. I would prefer to have it all in one .har. (Off topic. Are there any performance issues for having one big config or lots of small ones?) What I was hoping was that I could have a common .har directory and then each modules mapping files could be placed in a jar file in the .har directory. We would have to change the deployer to say if it is a directory look for any jar files and add them then, add the directory.

Thoughts?

Post subject: A sample Patch.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:49 am 

I have tried this out and it works as desired. What are the chances of getting this included?

org.jboss.hibernate.jmx.Hibernate.java

private void buildSessionFactory() throws Exception
{ ..

if(file.isDirectory())
{
File[] files = file.listFiles();
for(int i=0;i<files.length;i++)
{
if (!files[i].isDirectory() && files[i].getName().endsWith(".jar"))
{
cfg.addJar(files[i]);
}
}
cfg.addDirectory(file);
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:55 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Yeah, I'll add something like this. You forgot the case of jars included within an archived har (as opposed to exploded).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:18 pm 

Intenionally. If I am building a .har file then why not just grab all of the .hbm.xml and put them in the archive instead of the .jar? It's only when it's exploded and you just want to drop a module in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:44 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Funny, I'd ask the same question regardless of whether it is archived or whether its exploded.

But regardless, a deployment unit should not behave differently based on whether it is an archive or an exploded dir.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]