-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Using persistent Typesafe Enum in many-to-many rel
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:49 pm 

Details below.

I'm trying to use a persistent enum (cf: http://hibernate.org/203.html) as part of a many-to-many relation.

Please review my configuration mapping below. My assumption (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if i declare a class-entry for a PersistentEnum, then there will be a round-trip to the database to query it. I'd like to avoid that.

The scenario I have outlined below is attempting to create a user-group relationship where a user can be in mulitple groups and vice-versa.

Can someone provide an example of how to accomplish this?

Is my assumption mistaken? If it isn't, then is there a way to configure a Persistent Typesafe Enum mapping class that is read only once from the database?

Thanks in advance
Ed

Hibernate 2.1.6

Name and version of the database you are using:
PostgreSQL 7.4.5
java.version 1.4.2_05

Mapping documents:
(Relevant mappings):
<class name="winetrust.domain.User" table="wt_user">
<id name="id" type="int">
<generator class="native"/>
</id>
<version name="version"/>
<property name="username"
column="username"
not-null="true"
type="string"
unique="true"/>
<property name="password"
column="password"
not-null="true" type="string"/>
<set name="groups"
lazy="false"
cascade="all-delete-orphan">
<key column="user_id"/>
<one-to-many class="winetrust.domain.UserGroupMap"/>
</set>
</class>

<class name="winetrust.domain.UserGroupMap">
<composite-id>
<key-many-to-one name="user"
column="user_id"
class="winetrust.domain.User"/>
<key-many-to-one name="group"
column="group_id"
class="winetrust.domain.vo.UserGroup"/>
</composite-id>
</class>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
*Never gets that far!

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
Exception in constructor: testFindByPk (org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: E
rror creating bean with name &apos;wtSessionFactory&apos; defined in (no description): Initialization of bean failed; ne
sted exception is net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: An association from the table UserGroupMap refers to an unmapped cl
ass: winetrust.domain.vo.UserGroup
net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: An association from the table UserGroupMap refers to an unmapped class: winetrust.dom
ain.vo.UserGroup
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompileForeignKeys(Configuration.java:682)
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configuration.java:666)
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:784)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:467)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:405
)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowi
reCapableBeanFactory.java:991)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapab
leBeanFactory.java:288)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapab
leBeanFactory.java:208)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:204)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:136)
at winetrust.util.Locator.locateSessionFactory(Locator.java:38)
at winetrust.DefaultTestCase.this(DefaultTestCase.java:26)
at winetrust.DefaultTestCase.&lt;init&gt;(DefaultTestCase.java:30)
at winetrust.service.UserServiceTest.&lt;init&gt;(UserServiceTest.java:29)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:131)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:114)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.&lt;init&gt;(TestSuite.java:75)
at winetrust.service.UserServiceTest.suite(UserServiceTest.java:174)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.&lt;init&gt;(JUnitTestRunner.java:257)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.&lt;init&gt;(JUnitTestRunner.java:219)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.executeInVM(JUnitTask.java:822)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask.java:556)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask.java:532)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:341)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:309)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1255)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:609)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
* Never gets that far

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:
* See above

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]