-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is hibernate right for me / master-slave database handling
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:18 pm 

Hello,

I've just tried out Hibernate and it looks good.

But I've a question regarding a common situation I've with some of my applications. They are running on various machines at different locations and need sychronized access to the data in realtime.
The use of a central server for both, changes and queries is not possible due to reaction times on some queries (no fluent workflow was possible).

So I use the replication mechanism of the sql servers.
All changes to the data is done to the master and replicated to local slave servers where the queries are done.

I've not found any clue in the documentation or via google that states that Hibernate is capable of doing updates to another server than queries and I've also no idea if Hibernate realizes that the data it supplies is aware of changes made under the Hibernate layer e.g. through a direct access to the database layer.

Is Hibernate somehow capable of doing those things, or do I have the wrong approach to the whole thing?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Regards,
Marcus

Post subject: Golden Hammer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:03 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hibernate isn't aware of changes to the RDBMS made by other applications, including the RDBMS. Your replication issue isn't an O/R mapping issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]