-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Set order-by does not order correctly
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:51 am 
Senior
Senior

Hi,

I'm finding that my Set collections are not being ordered in respect of the order-by attribute value I specify for them.

Here is an example of 5 collection items that I added sequentially today - note the bad ordering. I added test first and test 5 last.

Code:
28/07/2004 false test 4
28/07/2004 true test 2
28/07/2004 false test 5
28/07/2004 false test 3
28/07/2004 false test

The Set element attributes are defined as

Code:
<set name="updates" inverse="true" order-by="created desc" lazy="true" cascade="all">

Here I try to sort on the created date (I have also tried the id but the same incorrect ordering was output).

I notice in the hibernate logging that the created date has full date and time to the second, so there should be no reason the ordering fails. I have confirmed the ordering is fine using a sql query on the database also.

I am running JDK 1.4.2_04 so the order-by attribute I assume should be ok. This is Hibernate 2.1.

Thanks for your consideration.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]