-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Issues using java.math.BigDecimal and java.sql.TimeStamp
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:15 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,
I have 2 issues with different data types.
Q1: I have an ID column in the database defined as a NUMBER. I used Middlegen-Hibernate-r5 to generate the .hbm.xml files and hbm2java to generate the POJOs

<id
name="id"
type="java.math.BigDecimal"
column="ID"
>
<generator class="native" />
</id>

I cannot do this as <generator class="native" /> returns a long,int or short.. does this mean that I have to change all my config files manually from BigDecimal to long? Is there a workaround?

Q2: Also, I have another column defined as DATE in the database. config files have it as :
<property
name="hcdrd"
type="java.sql.Timestamp"
column="HCDRD"
length="7"
/>
The POJO generated using hbm2java puts it as java.util.Date. I get an exception when I try to select some rows from the database using this configuration. If I go back and change the java.sql.Timestamp to java.util.Date, everything works fine. Do I have to do this manually in all my files for the Date columns?

Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]