-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Data initialization
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:56 pm 

Hi,

I have some metadata stored in tables, and this data is constantly accessed, sometimes by graph navigation, other times by HQL.

I want to load all the data and build the relationship graph. I would like everything cached so hibernate doesn't have to go to the database for these classes.

I'm talking about 5 classes, with relationships to each other.

What I did was to Hibernate.initialize() every instance and collection,
but this process is very slow, around 15 seconds.

It there a better way?

Thanks,
Felipe;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:15 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

You're gonna have to take the SQL hits at least once. However, if you have a 2nd level cache working you can take them only once:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/refer ... ance-cache

You'll likely want to setup a query cache as well, so the relations are also cached:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/refer ... querycache

You're going to have to chose a 2nd level cache provider that is appropriate for your application. Also keep in mind a 2nd level cache is not appropriate if the data in the database is going to be changed by another application.

--gus

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]