-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Subclass Mapping and Cartesian product on postgres
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:35 am 
Regular
Regular

Untfortunally the HQL of Hibernate 2.1.4 translates a cross join in HQL into a inner join. This is influenced by a hibernate property or some other configuration? How can I express a cartesian product in HQL which is not transformed into a inner join.

Code:
SELECT count(contact.id) FROM innowake.apogee.domain.model.master.Contact AS contact, innowake.apogee.domain.model.master.Drugstore AS customer WHERE (contact.customer = customer  AND customer.name LIKE 'P%'AND contact.active = true ) AND contact.name.firstName like 'H%' AND contact.name.lastName like 'S%'

is translated into:

Code:
select count(contact0_.id) as x0_0_ from CONTACT contact0_, DRUGSTORE drugstore1_ inner join CUSTOMER drugstore1__1_ on drugstore1_.ID=drugstore1__1_.id where ((contact0_.CUSTOMER_ID=drugstore1_.ID )AND(drugstore1__1_.NAME LIKE 'P%' )AND(contact0_.ACTIVE=true ))AND(contact0_.FIRST_NAME like 'H%' )AND(contact0_.LAST_NAME like 'S%' )

Unfortunaly I cannot use the joined customer as a criteria in WHERE clause.

So what it the reason for this? Drugstore is a Customer and mapped by a joined-subclass. Is inheritance the problem? If yes, so the inner join stuff is not the real problem... If so who should the HQL look's a like?

Thx
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:00 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I don't understand the problem. Looks perfect to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:18 am 
Regular
Regular

gavin wrote:
I don't understand the problem. Looks perfect to me.

Hey Gavin! Sorry for the delay. Yesterday I was in Hamburg so I haven't the chance to test again and reply.

The problem IHMO has to do with inheritance and joined subclass mapping here. Drugstore is a subclass of Customer and the attributes used in the query refer to the customer table not to the drugstore table...

So this is how the drugstore table looks a like in postgres:

Code:
                Table "public.drugstore"
       Column       |         Type          | Modifiers
--------------------+-----------------------+-----------
id                 | bigint                | not null
drugstore_group_id | bigint                |
location           | character varying(15) |
Indexes:
    "drugstore_pkey" primary key, btree (id)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "fkb6a09d2191b" FOREIGN KEY (id) REFERENCES customer(id)
    "fkb6a09d219771a859" FOREIGN KEY (drugstore_group_id) REFERENCES drugstore_group(id)

As you can see: the table has no name column. What I really does not understand: postgres does not take care about the missing column! I copied the generated sql query and executed it in the database (connected via psql command line tool) to verify that its not hibernate's fault ;).

Any explaination/guessing/thougths of/for this weird phenomenon?

Anyway I got a workaround for this problem:

Code:
SELECT count(contact.id) FROM foo.bar.Contact AS contact  inner join contact.customer  AS customer WHERE (contact.customer = customer  AND customer.name LIKE '%'AND contact.active = true ) AND contact.name.firstName like 'H%' AND contact.name.lastName like 'S%'

This works like a charme!

(Please note that the passed LIKE comparators used are just parameters and hat actually nothing to do with the problem)

Thank you

Toby

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]