-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Interceptors / event listeners and audit trail
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:02 am 

What I want to do: an insert, update or delete occurs for items I've marked with (my own) annotation @Auditable, and hibernate intercepts this and inserts, as part of the same transaction, an entry in the audit table.

Problems:
  1. which is more suited, Interceptor or event listeners?
  2. how can I dig back from an interceptor to find its session, since I want to do session.save()?
  3. alternatively, I know I can get the session from some of the event listeners, is it legit to actually use that session to do inserts from inside an event handler?
  4. If I do the above, will I be inserting into the same transaction as the one in which I did the session.save(auditable) ?
  5. What's the distinction between PersistEventListener and SaveOrUpdateEventListener? How can I tell an insert from an update in event listeners?

Could anyone please help me out with these? The reference docs on this area of Hibernate are a tad sparse.

Post subject: Re: Interceptors / event listeners and audit trail
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 pm 

I wrote an article around this at http://anshuiitk.blogspot.com/2010/11/h ... event.html . But I think you need envers (auditing framework) and not Interceptors or listeners.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]