-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: select returns new Object
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I've got a select query that returns a new object. I saw in the documentation, that you can do this:

Code:
select new Family(mother, mate, offspr)
from eg.DomesticCat as mother
    join mother.mate as mate
    left join mother.kittens as offspr

So long as Family has the approriate constructor. My query is a little different. I'm returning a second object along with the new object, like:

Code:
select new Family(mother, mate, offspr), mother.sex
from eg.DomesticCat as mother
    join mother.mate as mate
    left join mother.kittens as offspr

I know the example doesn't make much sense since you should already have the mother's sex from the Family object, but you get the idea of what I'm trying to do.

I get the exception:
Code:
Query list exception.; nested exception is:
        net.sf.hibernate.PropertyNotFoundException: no appropriate constructor in class: Family

After debugging the net.sf.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.getConstructor(), I found that it was looking for a constructor with one too many parameters than I expected. It turns out that it was trying to construct Family(mother, mate, offspr, mother.sex).

Is this a bug? Or, do I need some extra parentheses?

I was hoping the query would return an array of type Object[] with the first object being Family and the second being a Character. Does anyone know how I can make this work?

Thanks,
Chrisjan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]