-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Session, Transaction and Custom Connection
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:19 am 
Regular
Regular

My code obtains Connection c on its own. A Session s is opened with the Connection c.

Then, s.save(object1);s.save(object2);....s.close()....c.commit();

Against mysql, it looks like the entire "transaction" got rolled back.

The doc says, Transaction tx = s.beginTransaction .... t.commit(); s.close(), so I figure my approach is totally wacked right?

But well, what if I wanted to do something custom to the connection c and I needed to do that in a different scope than Session s?

In other words, I want to get a Session s with a custom Connection c, use s to persist a few objects, close s, then continue to work using c, then c.commit...that would not work right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

databse have to support rollback savepoint - I don't know for mysql, but postgresql, oracle support it

Post subject: mysql support of tx
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:35 pm 

mysql supports transactions, foreign keys, cascaded operations starting with 3.23.x and savepoints starting with 4.x. Of course you have to use InnoBD table engine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:49 pm 
Regular
Regular

Well, yes, I use InnoDB. So it looks like I need to invoke save points somehow before I close the hibernate session?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

I search hibernate and I think that hibernate doesn' support savepoint yet, but it is planned (Gavin's post - search forum)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]