-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Weird issues running Hibernate with Weblogic Clustering
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:58 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I am using the latest Hibernate, Oracle 9i database and Weblogic 8.1 SP2 running on Windows 2003 Server, using BEA Jrockit JVM

I'm not sure if this is a Hibernate issue or not, but myself and BEA support so far cannot find the problem.

Basically, I am running four managed weblogic servers, two on each machine, as one cluster.

The two managed servers running on the machine with the admin server are able to persist using hibernate.

The problem is that the two instances on the second machine(which is not running an admin server) cannot find the XML mapping file. The applications are identical. When the serevers starts up, I am initializing 10 EJB's in the pool, and that is where the exception is being thrown.
net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: Resource: CommonLogEvent.hbm.xml not found
at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addClass(Ljava.lang.Class;)Lnet.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration;

Keep in mind that the same app is deployed on all servers, but only the remote servers cannot find the mapping file.

Here's the Java code:
try {
Properties props = new Properties();
props.load(this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(
"properties/hibernate.properties"));
Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.setProperties(props);
config.addClass(CommonLogEvent.class);
sessionFactory = config.buildSessionFactory();
} catch (IOException io) {
io.printStackTrace();
} catch (HibernateException ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
//hande exception
}

Should I try to load the config file some other way? Any help would be appreciated. This screams of an environemntal problem, but who knows if Weblogic clustering isn't causing this somehow.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:49 pm 

Where is your mapping file - how have you deployed it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:17 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Yes, I have deployed my mapping file to the ejb-jar file that uses it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:37 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Any progress on this? I'm wondering if the problem is that the SessionFactory was replicated across the cluster by Weblogic, which is probably not supported by Hibernate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:55 am 

I am not sure if in your situation you can do this but:

I currently have a very similar environment as yourself but the big difference is that all the *-ejb.jar files are packaged into a single .ear file with the hibernate.cfg.xml residing in the APP-INF/classes directory (as this is considered the classes root dir in an ear).

Hibernate happily loads the cfg file through the standard new Configuration.configure.buildsessionFactory() approach.

FYI I have posted some trials and tribuation information re using Hibernate in Weblogic that may be useful

http://blogs.mit.edu/qwall/posts/615.aspx

good luck!

"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong,without comment" -
- T.H. White

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]