-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HQL and join, wrong comparison
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:19 am 
Regular
Regular

Hey,

I'm trying to write a HQL with join between 3 tables. Hibernate automatically performs the join but the problem is that it compares the wrong columns. The classes are CountryT, CustomerT, CustomerorderT.

CountryT - countrycode (PK)
CustomerT - countrycode, customerno (composite)
CustomerorderT - countrycode, customerorderno (composite)
(CustomerorderT also contains customerno but is not a part of the key. )

Relations:
CustomerorderT M:1 CustomerT
CustomerT M:1 CountryT

This is the HQL:
Code:
Query q = session.createQuery("SELECT co.customerT.firstname, co.customerT.lastname, "
+ "co.customerorderTPK.countryT.countryname, co.customerorderTPK.customerorderno "
+ "FROM net.sf.hibernate.CustomerorderT co");

With debugger:
Code:
11:21:13,418 DEBUG SQL:237 - select customert1_.FIRSTNAME as x0_0_, customert1_.LASTNAME as x1_0_, countryt2_.COUNTRYNAME as x2_0_, customeror0_.CUSTOMERORDERNO as x3_0_ from CUSTOMERORDER_T customeror0_, CUSTOMER_T customert1_, COUNTRY_T countryt2_ where customeror0_.COUNTRYCODE=customert1_.CUSTOMERNO and customeror0_.CUSTOMERNO=customert1_.COUNTRYCODE and customeror0_.COUNTRYCODE=countryt2_.COUNTRYCODE

As can be seen it compares countrycode with customerno ( customeror0_.COUNTRYCODE=customert1_.CUSTOMERNO and customeror0_.CUSTOMERNO=customert1_.COUNTRYCODE ) which of course is wrong. customerno is not a specific key in the CustomerorderT which make a line in a table unique. But I believe it should be used in the join, or am I wrong? But it seems like Hibernate doesn't find it.

I should be a fault in the relations but the code i generated in middlegen, both the xml and java files from the database.

So how do I solve this problem so the join becomes correct? Perhaps my query is wrong?

MVH Newman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:49 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

USe the cvs version of middlegen, or manually check your mapping files
composite-id properties *must* be in the same order then the one in FKs (many-to-one)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]