-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: build new SessionFactory at runtime for datasource
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:12 pm 

I saw it was said that we can build new sessionfactory instance at runtime for different datasource. This is very interesting to me. I could use code like:
SessionFactory newSessionFactory = config.buildSessionFactory();
where config is a Configuration object.

My trouble is that I need to clone the Configuration object of the existing session factory. The only thing I need to change on this cloned Configuration object is the "datasource name" property.

Can I iterate through the configuration object and get all property values and creat a new configuration object based on these properties?If so, which method I should call? sessionFactory.getAllClassMetadata()?

I am using Jboss so that there is no configuration files to read. I try to find if I can use the mbean of the existing SessionFactory, but I don't see any operation I can use.

We really need a sessionFactory.getConfiguration() method.

Please advise.

--Richard

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]