-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Query a list based on the index field
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:57 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I believe what I want to do is not possible, I just wanted to confirm...

I have a parent child relationship (Test/Question) using a List. As the user takes the test online I display each question on it's own screen. When a question is answered, I query for the Test and get the next Question using List.get(index).

I was trying to figure out if it is possible to load a question directly without having to load the Test and all Questions first. However, without using native SQL I can not see a way to include the list index field in an HQL query?

I'm a right or did I miss something.

Thanks in advance,
Chris....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:58 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

HQL also provides the built-in index() function, for elements of a one-to-many association or collection of values.
Code:
select item, index(item) from Order order
    join order.items item
where index(item) < 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:45 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Michael -

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for in Hibernate.

<feeling like an idiot>
I usually am able to find things like this when I read the documentation or forums....

Just overlooked it...
</>

Chris....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]