-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: how can i map this type
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:38 am 

Hi all

I have an project using hibernate. We have an Class named "Program" and it has some attributes.
There is a attribute named "params" containing the type of list of Integer(String ....), in brief, is a list of basic types. And i want map the Class Program in table ,but i would not like use some wrapper class to wrap the basic types.
I used 'any' type ,but i found that i have to make some almost "useless" wrapper classes for that.

any idea!!!
Excuse for my English.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:59 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/collections.html#collections-ofvalues - use <element>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:49 am 

thanks for the reply.

michael said:
Quote:
use <element>

i'm not quite sure about how to use it. maybe i should express myself more clearly. the "params" of the "Program" is a collection of Object , maybe containing any basic type(String,Integer etc.)

use <element>, i can only map to only one single type of that , can't i?

or can you please explain it for me about how to use that?

thanks a lot.
[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:33 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This is not possible, a collection containing different object types is crap anyways. Use a wrapper type or something.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]