-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Error in retrieving the value of a "yes_no" column
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:08 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I have a boolean property , which I have mapped to "yes_no" hibernate type, as then the conversion of booleamn true/false to Y/N happens automatically by Hibernate.
I am able to insert an object using this. But when I retrieve the object , I am getting Invalid Number error. Can anyone please let me know about this.

Hibernate: select catalog_id from CatalogEntry where catalog_id =? for update
Hibernate: select report0_.catalog_id as catalog_id, report0_.definition as definition2_, report0__1_.name as name0_, report0__1_.owner_name as owner_name0_, report0__1_.description as descript4_0_, report0__1_.entry_type as entry_type0_, report0__1_.update_date as update_d6_0_, report0__1_.locale as locale0_, report0__1_.private as private0_ from Report report0_, CatalogEntry report0__1_ where report0_.catalog_id=report0__1_.catalog_id and ((OWNER_NAME=? )and(NAME=? )and(PRIVATE=? ))

| 2004-04-20 17:27:35,952 | ERROR | net.sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter | ORA-01722: invalid number

| 2004-04-20 17:27:35,998 | ERROR | net.sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter | ORA-01722: invalid number

| 2004-04-20 17:27:35,998 | ERROR | net.sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter | Could not execute query
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01722: invalid number

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:169)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1405)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:889)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:1826)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2015)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:395)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:339)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:179)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl.getResultSet(BatcherImpl.java:87)
at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:795)
at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:189)
at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:133)
at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:950)
at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:941)
at net.sf.hibernate.hql.QueryTranslator.list(QueryTranslator.java:834)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1512)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:39)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate$19.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:363)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:149)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate.executeFind(HibernateTemplate.java:177)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:356)
at com.aceva.rms.catalog.hibernate.CatalogDAO.findCatalogEntries(CatalogDAO.java:132)

Post subject: Can anyone let me know abt this
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:48 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Help required

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:10 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Most likely you are passing a boolean as the argument to the HQL parameter when the database is a CHAR. Try passing the 'Y' or 'N' as the argument since this is the underlying database type.

Post subject: Thanks ..Further query
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:42 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. So the user has to take care of this. Dont you think Hibernate would have taken this job and made it transparent to user as it handles at the time of insertion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:44 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/refer ... bstitution

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:23 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I wonder how I missed that ..Anyways Thanks Christian.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]