-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Many To Many Association..Unable to meet my req??
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:27 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

Pls let me know about the following requirement :

Example : My system contains Collector , Account , Document, Dispute Entities. Collector manages diff accounts and Accounts is a collection of documents. Now a dispute can be raised against a document/account.

There is a junction table DISPUTE_RELATION for this association. DISPUTE_RELATION contains dispute_relation_id, dispute_id, logical_type, logical_key. logical_type is either COLLECTOR, ACCOUNT, DOCUMENT. and logical_key contains the corresponding IDs.

Now when a dispute is created, a record is created in Dispute Table and three records go into DISPUTE_RELATION table. One for Collector , one for account and one for document. Now I have an issue that how to show this kind of association ?

<class name="com.aceva.rms.dispute.Dispute" table="Dispute">
<id name="id" column="id" type="long" length="15" unsaved-value="null">
<generator class="sequence"/>
</id>
<set name="entityMap" table="dispute_relation">
<key column="dispute_id"/>
<many-to-many column="" class="??????"/>
</set>

Issue is there are diff kinds of objects in this association with dispute, i.e collector, account and document. And these objects have no relation ship between them . And I can show only association with only one kind of object in the junction table??

I hope I am clear. Let me know if any doubts.

Please let me know about this as its urgent. I am in the process of rearhitecturing part of my system on hibernate. And this is the most demanding requirement.

Post subject: Help required ..
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:19 am 
Beginner
Beginner

hey..pls let me know abt this

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]