-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: how to understand "proxy" in "class"?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:07 pm 
Regular
Regular

In charpt 12: Performance, section 1:
Article introduces "proxy" attribute in node "class". But I am not understand the usage, specially, how to lazy initilaze an ordinary association?
Can somebody post an example to demonstration it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:27 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Could you please be a little more clear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:42 pm 
Regular
Regular

I wanna find a way to lazy initialize association like many-to-one, one-to-one if I do not use infomation about association object in a case. But probably I would use these infomation in another case. So I configue the association in xml and want to lazy init it. The best way is I can configure lazy or not(out join other table or not) dynamic.
I read this charpt to find a way to fulfill my requirment. But it seems not giving a sample to show how to lazy an association. And I also not understand the different between using proxy or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:54 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Well, proxy is the way to lazy init a single multiplicty association.

For the sake of argument, say you have a User class mapped and a Group class mapped. Further, say a User can be associated at most one Group and that you want the user's Group information loaded lazily. So basically you'd map this as:

Code:
<class name="Group" table="group" proxy="Group">
</class>

<class name="User" table="user">
    <many-to-one name="group" class="Group" .../>
</class>

Now, when hibernate loads the User object its reference to Group will be a lazy proxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:11 am 
Regular
Regular

OK. I see.
I set out-join="true" before, so I get same query process. Does it mean I should configure out-join="false" and proxy together? Because I find if I set out-join="true", it will query using join and query association object at one time.
For some cases I should join many table using outer-join to decrease sql statement. For some cases I lazy initialize association when I do not need. Can I dynamic configure out-join="true" for proxy?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]