-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: the user must supply JDBC connections
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:28 pm 
Regular
Regular

I am receiving this error message in log file when I try to initialize a user-supplied connection. Our application uses JBOSS 3.2.3 as our app server, and is configured to use the JBOSS supplied data source to MYSQL. This works perfectly, I have a hibernate.cfg.xml file, and hibernate connects to the data source, and updates the schema if necessary. This connection provides configuration data to our application. I can retrieve data, as well as save data. Now, in our application the user can specify a different database from the default that they wish to connect to perform the data manipulation on. The user selects a Dialect object, which will give me the hibernate dialect, and the driver class. I then use the information that is provided to try and connect to the database. Unfortunately since the user can connect to any database they specify, I can't just add it as a data source to JBOSS. As you can see, I keep the session factories for the different databases in a singleton so that they are only initialized once, and returned when the user needs to connect to them. I have debugged and stepped through the code, and all of the parameters are being passed properly. Any help would be great, as well as any suggestions if there is a better way to do this. I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:03 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

add hibernate.connection.provider_class

Post subject: Got it
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:26 pm 
Regular
Regular

Emmanuel,

Thanks for the help, I did needed to add that, but I also needed to change

Code:
private static final String URL = "hibernate.connection.url jdbc";

to

Code:
private static final String URL = "hibernate.connection.url";

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]