-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problems with Ant / Tutorial
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:09 am 

Hi
I'm following the hibernate tutorial but i'm having problems when compiling everything with Ant.
The first time we're asked to ant-compile it's ok, but when I create HibernateUtil.java I get 100 errors and 25 warnings. Something like:
Code:
compile:
    [javac] Compiling 927 source files to /home/*****/***/Hibernate-Tutorial/bin
    [javac] /home/*****/***/Hibernate-Tutorial/src/org/hibernate/hql/ast/HqlLexer.java:9: package org.hibernate.hql.antlr does not exist
    [javac] import org.hibernate.hql.antlr.HqlBaseLexer;
    [javac]                                ^
    [javac] /home/*****/***/Hibernate-Tutorial/src/org/hibernate/hql/ast/HqlLexer.java:15: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol: class HqlBaseLexer
    [javac] class HqlLexer extends HqlBaseLexer {
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac] /home/*****/***/Hibernate-Tutorial/src/org/hibernate/hql/ast/HqlParser.java:17: package org.hibernate.hql.antlr does not exist

(...)

[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 100 errors
    [javac] 25 warnings

And I have no idea why. I think the needed ant jars are in the lib directory, namely

ant-1.6.5.jar
12:13 ant-antlr-1.6.5.jar
ant-junit-1.6.5.jar
ant-launcher-1.6.5.jar
antlr-2.7.6rc1.jar
antlr.license.txt
ant-swing-1.6.5.jar

Am I missing something? I'm sorry for the "n00bity" :p but I've been around this for hours and I'm really on schedule. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 am 

So much time wasted and now I figured it out. I got some errors and moved everything right into hibernate dir, it was a reflex on seeing org.hibernate package not found errors. And then I was trying to compile hibernate it self i think.. I'm so novice on Ant that I didn't figure the mess I was making.
I solved it copying hibernate3.jar to the libraries directory. I didn't figure from the tutorial that it was what I needed to build everything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]