-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate cache under heavy load
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

We are currently caching all of our hibernate objects and queries using ehcache. We use the Spring OpenSessionInViewFilter to lazily access our objects. The site behaves normally and performs very well under light load, but we experience inconsistant behaviour when we send a lot of requests to application when the cache is empty. Basically many of the initial requests return with data missing . As the cache builds up, the data starts to appear.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this same behavior. Is there some kind of synchronization issue I am missing in regards the hibernate cache? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Karl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:11 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Thats the nature of the cache and your statement that you cache "all objects" makes me think that you didn't consider the appropriate caching concurrency strategies. This is extremely difficult to resolve in an online discussion, I recommend you get a copy of Hibernate in Action and read the caching chapter. It contains many guidelines what kinds of data should be cached, with what concurrency strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:32 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I agree the book helps a lot particulary on that subject

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]