-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What's the latest on the book?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

Our project is just starting to ramp up to a full slate of developers working on our J2EE/JMS/SLSB/Tomcat/XSLT/Hibernate app. We're going to be running into interesting scaling and locking issues soon, I just know it. And I also just know the Hibernate book would be really helpful :-)

Any updates on when it might hit the printers? Last I heard was "sometime in April"....

Cheers!
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:18 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It is in final review, but we are not sure when it will be released. Not by April.

Why not just send some people to the training?

Or you can get me in for a couple of days if you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:33 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Well, some of it might be in MEAP in April, but not all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:53 pm 
Expert
Expert

Are there going to be any trainings in the San Francisco area anytime soon?

We don't have a definite enough need for it to be able to justify spending travel dollars. I'm the lead Hibernator on the team and it's my first project with it. We haven't had problems *yet* but I like to be out in front of the curve.

If we do start encountering real issues that we can't work out via the forums/etc., I will certainly keep you in mind, though, Gavin :-) Problem is most of our troubles will likely be more general database troubles rather than Hibernate-specific things. I hate to think of wasting your time on generic SQL issues, even though I know if we're paying you then it's not a problem per se ;-)

Cheers!
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:56 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Nothing planned yet for west coast. It's funny that flights from east to west coast in US are more expensive than from Europe to the US. Come to the Frankfurt training :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:51 am 
Senior
Senior

Hey, guys...

Get enough interest lined up on the West coast, and I'm sure that Hibernate training will magically appear ;-) Why not post something on the Hibernate beginners forum to see whether folks are interested - or will that "wreck" the community? Maybe a separate forum off hibernate.org that is for shameless plugs?

May your efforts always be profitable, as well as exciting...

Sherman

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]