-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: how to simulate db triggers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:34 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

I need to post insert /update/delete record in a table based on every insert /update/delete on some other tables.

How can I do it here. . I have looked at the intercepor methods...the only method that comes close to what I am looking is the postFlush. However, no entiry is passed on deletes. Also, I am not sure if the Interceptor will go in a loop as I am again inserting a record which will involve a flush.

Would appreciate any hint/info.

Thanks
Shishir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:41 am 
Regular
Regular

Why not just map the other table as a hibernate managed entity, and create/update save it as part of a hibernate transaction?

--James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:45 am 

I think that the Lifecycle interface could be used in order to achieve "trigger-like" functionality.

Mauro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:06 am 
Regular
Regular

one more thing... not sure if you realize, but you can always get a handle to the underlying connection, and fire some jdbc at the db using
sess.connection() method. Possibly this might fit what you're trying to do.
James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:49 pm 
Regular
Regular

Yup, I can do all that. The reason I was looking at the interceptor way of doing it is that there is a core data model for which the mappings and the classes have been defined. There is another variance of the data model that has the requirement as I stated. I was looking atsome kind of plugable feature rather than changing the core code. Something like intercepor , pointcut advice .... which I can just add in a declarative mode and remove when not needed.

Thanks
Shishir

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]