-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Problem using database:MSSQL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:42 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hibernate version : 2.1rc1
Database : MSSQL Server 2000

Problem:
Parent/child association: I use Creatia, Example class to query, insert data.
1. Hibernate generate query sql using left outer join. But when I use Oracle, query sql using inner join. Is it right action in hibernate? How to know what kind of join(left outer join/inner join) will be used when I use Creatia and Example to query data? Can I specify a right join way?

2. When I query data from parent table, I found the result different between Oracle and SQL Server.
e.g.
Code:
Parent table
id name
Child table
id parent_id

My query code is like this:
Code:
Criteria crit = session.createCriteria(ParentModel.class);
crit.add(Example.create(parentModel));
crit.list();

Data in table:
Code:
Parent table:
id = 1, name = "55"
Child table:
id = 1, parent_id = 1
id = 2, parent_id = 1

If database is Oracle, the result will be one ParentModel instance and instance has a set of children with two child.
If database is MSSQL, the result will be two ParentModel instances and both instances have a set of children with two child.
So I am very strange. Is is a bug in version 2.1rc1?

And I also found problem on inserting data into parent table with a set of children. Detail description is here: http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2191785#2191785

Can somebody help me?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]