-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: JBuilder and hibernate.cfg.xml
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:33 pm 

I need some help from someone out there who is using JBuilder and hibernate.

I personally use Eclipse as my IDE but some people on my project use JBuilder. I have a hibernate.cfg.xml file that I am using when I run my JUnit tests. In eclipse it is easy to add a folder to your CLASSPATH and it finds the hibernate.cfg.xml file, no problem. Eclipse also finds all the hbm.xml files as well.

I tried the same thing in JBuilder, created a Required library that pointed to the directory where the hibernate.cfg.xml lives but when I run the unit test it does not find the file. Plus the beginning of the unit test spits out the whole class path and the directory is not listed.

I finally got it to work by copying the hibernate.cfg.xml to what Jbuilder defines as the "output" directory. However that will not work long term. I then had to copy all the hbm.xml files to the same directory.

Can any of you JBuilder gurus suggest how to get it to find the xml files?

Thanks In Advance,

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:32 am 

JBuilder must include xml files when it's make or rebuild the project. You can configure this option in menu Project -> Project Properties -> Resource selecting the xml type file and clicking on Copy radio button. This will do JBuilder includes this type files into the project. You must put the hbm.xml and hibernate.cfg.xml files in the classpath ( src folder or any subfolder, for example ). That's all.

Eduardo.

P.S. Sorry for my english !!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]