-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: adminapp flush and commit
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:12 pm 

Hello,

I was browsing the sources of adminapp and I found this thing that I really cannot understand.

The HibernateInterceptor takes care of commiting the transactions. The flush() happens then inside Transaction.commit(). I think that flush() and commit() are the places where most database-related exceptions occur. However just as you say in the comments, the interceptor's cleanup is run after the view is rendered. Therefore it seems like the client gets a successful response and we are unable to tell him that something actually went wrong? But then again what is the point of returning Action.ERROR to the from the HibernateInterceptor.intercept() if the view is already rendered?

Please correct me if I have misunderstood something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:28 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
But then again what is the point of returning Action.ERROR to the from the HibernateInterceptor.intercept() if the view is already rendered?

No point, I think WW ignores the return value.

We have discussed this among ourselves. I think the best place to put the flush() is actually in a pre-result interceptor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]