-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/SettingsFa
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:26 am 

Hi all,
I already downloaded hibernate-entitymanager-3.2.0.CR1 and tried to use in J2SE project. I added all jars that are included in zip on my project classpath (hibernate-entitymanager.jar, ejb3-persistence.jar, hibernate-annotations.jar, javassist.jar, jboss-archive-browsing.jar).

However, I got exception when the project was executed:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/SettingsFactory
at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:113)
at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:37)
at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:27)

What is missing on project classpath? Should I download also other Hibernate packages? It's as usability issue for me since there is no info which jars are needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:43 am 
Pro
Pro

Hi blaha,

you also need hibernate3.jar and maybe some more jars which are
contained in hibernate core.
See:

http://www.hibernate.org/299.html

under Requirements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:22 pm 

Hi steckemetz,
thanks for you quick reply. I was able to run my application with Hibernate. I used Netbeans for developing J2EE applications and it seems that is a liitle bit complicated to setup a right environment for using Hibernate Entitymanager in Netbeans. Therefore, I created new Hibernate library modules that includes all required jars. See:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/pblaha ... r_netbeans

User can simple install this module and then very easy use persistence and other Hibernate stuff in NetBeans 5.5.

Petr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 pm 

Quote:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/SettingsFactory

Check CLASSPATH always

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]