-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Howto get the value of "class" in one-to-many bloc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:48 pm 

I feel stupid asking this but can't find a way ...

as part of my mapping file I have the block

<set
name="naDsUsers"
inverse="true"
>
<key>
<column name="ORGANIZATION_S" />
</key>
<one-to-many
class="com.xyz.abc.model.NaDsUser"
/>
</set>

Now I have in Java the textstring "naDsUsers" and the ClassMetadata for the object having this as a one-to-many in my hand - nothing else. And I would like to get the value of "class", i..e the String "com.xyz.abc.model.NaDsUser" - HOW ?. I have sloved this for many-to-one relations since there I can get from the property the Type and via the type I can to type.getName() which would return the value. In this case it would return java.util.Set but that's not what I am looking for.

One option I tried is to go via the Configuration and do a getCollectionMappings and from there via Collection with no luck. Also I tried to call getCollectionMapping for a given role - but what is a role ?

Hope any can tell me that I should RTFM or give me a nice hint ....

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:53 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Use sessionFactory.getCollectionMetadata() - the role name should be <full class name>.<attribute name>

e.g when your class containg the set mapping is de.something.Foo, the role name would be "de.something.Foo.naDsUsers"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:10 pm 

U are a Star !

I was that route before but gave up but of course, .. using

CollectionMetadata colm = _sessFactory.getCollectionMetadata(_dataClass+"."+childEntity);
String theoneIwasLookingFor = colm.getElementType().getName());

Thanx !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]