-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: JUnit - ing you hibernate application
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:45 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

As one of eXtreme programming fans, i always try to test my applications. And this comes no difference with hibernate.

Just a while ago i found out that when I run my junit test, hibernate will tries to read from the datasource that I use for my Resin web server.

But unfortunately a data source cannot be run outside a webserver, and thus threw me : "unable to find data source" error.

So my approach in testing is that I will use a DAO that will return me connection from 2 different source. WHen i run my application using REsin my DAO will return me a connection from the datasource and if i am not using Resin e.g. JUnit, it will give me connection through the old good fashioned :

Code:
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost/blah",
"username", "password");

But I am wondering whether there is an easier way to test Hibernate witohut using these approach.

Regards,
-e-null-

Post subject: Re: JUnit - ing you hibernate application
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:04 am 

inoel131081 wrote:
So my approach in testing is that I will use a DAO that will return me connection from 2 different source. WHen i run my application using REsin my DAO will return me a connection from the datasource and if i am not using Resin e.g. JUnit, it will give me connection through the old good fashioned :

Code:
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost/blah",
"username", "password");

But I am wondering whether there is an easier way to test Hibernate witohut using these approach.

Why don't you use in-container tests based on, for instance, jakarta's Cactus?

Artur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:35 am 
Beginner
Beginner

the problem is that i fail to setup cactus :( and i am more comfortable with JUnit to test my business objects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:31 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Abstract out the method you use to collect the session factory. This will allow the same code (DAOs) to operate independently of the environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:56 am 

inoel131081 wrote:
the problem is that i fail to setup cactus :( and i am more comfortable with JUnit to test my business objects.

Take a look at this http://www.javaranch.com/codebarn.jsp. Hope it helps.

Artur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:54 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

karaznie wrote:
inoel131081 wrote:

Take a look at this http://www.javaranch.com/codebarn.jsp. Hope it helps.

Artur

It seems like this is a broken links. But thanks anyway. ^_^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]