-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:00 am 
Senior
Senior

For all date comparisons you should convert it to ms and compare the long anyway. >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:13 am 
Beginner
Beginner

This is what we get. And this is what -181/22007 means:

An invalid datetime format was detected; that is, an invalid string representation or value was specified.

============================================

Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -181, SQLSTATE: 22007, SQLERRMC: null
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.cq.d(cq.java:1234)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.bc.k(bc.java:345)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.bc.a(bc.java:63)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.q.a(q.java:64)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.bp.c(bp.java:266)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.cr.V(cr.java:1412)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.cr.d(cr.java:1939)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.cr.R(cr.java:440)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.cr.executeUpdate(cr.java:423)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.NonBatchingBatcher.addToBatch(NonBatchingBatcher.java:23)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2062)
at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2427)
at org.hibernate.action.EntityInsertAction.execute(EntityInsertAction.java:51)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:248)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:232)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeInserts(ActionQueue.java:130)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSaveOrReplicate(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:222)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.performSave(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:167)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedId(AbstractSaveEventListener.java:101)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:186)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveEventListener.saveWithGeneratedOrRequestedId(DefaultSaveEventListener.java:33)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.entityIsTransient(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:175)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveEventListener.performSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveEventListener.java:27)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.onSaveOrUpdate(DefaultSaveOrUpdateEventListener.java:70)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireSave(SessionImpl.java:530)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:518)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:514)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$12.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:625)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:362)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.save(HibernateTemplate.java:622)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:15 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

OK, I went through the DB2390Dialect. What needs to be overridden or added to create a custom dialect? And is this the preferred way to solve my problem?

public boolean supportsSequences() {
return false;
}

public String getIdentitySelectString() {
return "select identity_val_local() from sysibm.sysdummy1";
}

public boolean supportsLimit() {
return true;
}

public boolean supportsLimitOffset() {
return false;
}

public String getLimitString(String sql, int offset, int limit) {
return new StringBuffer(sql.length() + 40)
.append(sql)
.append(" fetch first ")
.append(limit)
.append(" rows only ")
.toString();
}

public boolean useMaxForLimit() {
return true;
}

public boolean supportsVariableLimit() {
return false;
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:39 am 
Expert
Expert

Going to have to look deeper than that, the DB2390 Dialect extends the DB2Dialect. Look at that class, it is more complete.

Post subject: Re: DateTime
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 pm 

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd post my experience so that I can remember it as well.

I, too, was having the same DB2 exception when attempting to insert a date/timestamp value. The error was:

SQL0181 SQLCODE -181 SQLSTATE 22007

Explanation: Value in date, time, or timestamp string not valid.

It turns out that I needed to specify the Temporal type in the mapping (i.e. @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMPE). Once I modified my mappings, all saved properly using the DB2Dialect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3