-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: hbm2java throws ClassCastException
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:49 am 

When running hbm2java either by command line or from the Ant task, it throws a ClassCastException whenever I use any <meta> tags.

I have tried moving a single meta tag to the <hibernate-mapping> scope and inside <class> tags and always get the same error.

I'm using hibernate 2.1 and I tried the last release of the hibernate-tools and also built it from the HEAD tag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hibernate works great for me but I can't force my team to use it without the <meta> tags working. I've worked on this problem on and off for a couple of months and just can't seem to get it resolved.

Here is the stack trace:
[hbm2java] java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.ArrayList
[hbm2java] at net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2java.MetaAttributeHelper.mergeMetaMaps(MetaAttributeHelper.java:91)
[hbm2java] at net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2java.MetaAttributeHelper.loadAndMergeMetaMap(MetaAttributeHelper.java:112)
[hbm2java] at net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2java.ClassMapping.initWith(ClassMapping.java:162)
[hbm2java] at net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2java.ClassMapping.<init>(ClassMapping.java:76)
[hbm2java] at net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2java.CodeGenerator.handleClass(CodeGenerator.java:129)
[hbm2java] at net.sf.hibernate.tool.hbm2java.CodeGenerator.main(CodeGenerator.java:104)
<snip>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:02 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hmmm. The first thing that pops into mind is that you are specifying a java.util.ArrayList. This is perhaps for some association?? Well, Hibernate requires that you not use actual Collection classes but only Collection interfaces: e.g., List, not ArrayList, so that Hibernate can then sneakily substitute its own implementations. Those implementations are essential to the dynamic resolution of relationships: e.g., lazy loading. So, off the cuff, that's the first change I'd make.

Second, post more of the mapping file. This error looks familiar but the mapping will give better insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:58 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

this looks like a waay old bug ;)

are you sure you are using the latest ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]