-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Getting a CharacterStream to write to a Clob
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:44 pm 

I am trying to figure out how to use the sample code to get a character stream to write to a Clob field via Hibernate. I have looked at the sample code given on this site.
http://www.hibernate.org/Documentation/UsingClobsWithOracleAndHibernate12

...but I get a ClassCastException when it tries to cast a java.sql.Clob to a oracle.sql.CLOB. What am I doing wrong?

Here is a snippet from my code...

Code:
submData.setData(Hibernate.createClob(" "));
    try {
      session.refresh(submData, LockMode.UPGRADE); //grabs an Oracle CLOB
      oracle.sql.CLOB clob = (oracle.sql.CLOB) submData.getData();
      return clob.getCharacterOutputStream();
    }
    catch (HibernateException ex) {
      throw new DataAccessException(ex);
    }
    catch (SQLException ex) {
      throw new DataAccessException(ex);
    }

submData is a class that contains a java.sql.Clob field. getData/setData() are the get/setters for subm's Clob field. They return a java.sql.Clob field. The data field is mapped in a Hibernate mapping field like this...

Code:
   <property name="data" type="clob" column="DATA"/>

The ClassCastExceptin occurs on the line that gets submData's Data field (java.sql.Clob) and attempts to cast it to a oracle.sql.CLOB.

How do I get around that ClassCastException? I assume I am doing something wrong. Is there another way to get a Writer to the clob field?

-Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:04 am 

Hello,

if you are using tomcat, i resolved this deleting the drivers of oracle (ojdbc14_g.jar) from WEB-INF/lib, and move to TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]