-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: DEMO AdminApp: Transaction are not closed for each action?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:06 pm 

Hi,

I am new to hibernate and working on my first implementation on an real-world community / techNet website ... someday :)

I have taken a look at the demo app provided by Hibernate and have the following question about it:

In the class CreateUserAction, the following piece of code occurs:
getSession().save(user)
-> no closure of the transaction
So I understand that a session is retrieved with on that a transaction.

But what I thought i should do is the following for each action:
- session retrieval from helper class
- start transaction
- save your thing
- close transaction
- close session

But why isn't the session or transaction closed in the demoapp, if i understand the code correct, there is only 1 transaction for the complete life-time of the program? And when is disposeSession called?

Could someone explain this a little deeper to me, are give me a best practice on this usage, Thx a lot.

RebornSpirit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:23 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The implementation used a Interceptor that talks to the applications' HibernateSession that provides the transaction operations.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]