-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate tools - class2hbm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:08 pm 
Where can I get some more info on Hibernate tools specifically class2hbm

when I use the tool to generate mapping file it by default creates a component i.e.:

If Employee class has a private member Department then in the mapping file (that is auto generated), Department becomes a component of Employee .

Secondly, if all of my classes have a common base class then the tool throws an exception (as I think the goXML method goes in a loop).

Before I go on and read / change the source code , I thought of checking if I am missing some high level settings ?

THANKS in Advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:33 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

class2hbm is documented in the tool docs (http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/refer ... etguide-s3)

But note that class2hbm is mainly experimental and generates no where near production quality mappings - it simply can't because a class file does not have all the needed information.

(but if you have ideas/patches for improvement you are welcome to provide them ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:55 am 

Thanks.

I know (and agree) about the limitations under such situation.

I have a couple of thousond classes that are generated from a huge XML schema - and I need to persisit most of those. Hence I want to generate a basic mapping file.

Let me try the runtime options described in the doc (link you posted). I may end up writting a schema to Mapping file generation tool - that if I write, will surely contribute.

Thanks again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]