-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Security/Authentication system and Hibernate
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:55 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm in the need of a good security system with users, usergroups, roles, realms and permissions. So a certain user has certain roles, is included in one or more usergroups and has certain permissions. All with unlimited possible combinations.

Believe me, I have searched extensively for a while now, but just cannot find something that I need.

I tried setting up osuser and osacces (which looks like exactly what I want) with no luck yet (the mailinglist of opensymphony isn't particular responsive). So I'm looking for other options for now, however I'm not sure which one is the best. The only options that exist as far as I know is JAAS or OSUser icm OSAccess.

Anyone succesfully implemented an existing security/authentication-system in combination with Hibernate and can give me some directions?

I can write my own ofcourse, but I prefer using some proven library which I can re-use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:28 am 
Regular
Regular

Hello,

I actually have the same need as you had couple of month ago.
I was wondering if you finally found out a good way to implement security.
I'd interested in knowing what you've finally chosen.

I'm currently trying to use a JAAS implementation but it's not that easy.
I can't believe i've got to implement something myself. Thousands of people must already have implemented it...

cheers,
nodje

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]